So, I thought I'd ask a few questions of my few blog followers. I fully expect the only one who answers to be Sarah (and maybe Jen?). That's ok. This is mostly a ruse to answer question #7 in more detail than anyone would care to read. :) Here goes. And please feel free to participate.
1. What is your favorite day of the year?
2. The least favorite?
3. What is your favorite color to paint your nails?
4. What is your favorite article of clothing?
5. What is your favorite piece of jewelry?
6. What is your favorite restaurant right now?
7. What are your favorite TV shows right now?
1. I'd have to say any summer day in which I'm with my family. Some of my favorite memories are of being with my family and grilling out. We haven't done that in ages and I'd say it's high time. (You thought I was gonna say Christmas, didn't you?)
2. My least favorite day is Valentine's Day. Particularly this year. I maintain that it's a holiday that is designed to make singles feel shitty and puts enormous pressure on couples to one up other couples. Ridiculous. (Yes, I'm bitter about it.)
3. Recently I've been massively into glitter polish. Currently, my nails look like this:
(Irish pride!) I don't really have a favorite color. The only thing I don't like is anything incredibly sheer/light. I'm constantly changing my nail color.
4. This is a tough one. I am sort of a clothes horse. (I've never understood that expression. ) One of my favorite outfits is a pair of skinny jeans tucked into boots. I am currently coveting colored skinnies to my best friend's horror. I'm also known to frequently wear opaque tights with whichever dress I'm feeling that day. But, I'd have to say I love this cardigan more than any other piece of clothing.
I got it at Nordstrom Rack and I love the bow detail. I wear this often over dresses and tanks. It adds a feminine touch to a simple outfit. I always feel super girly when I wear this.
5. I love cupcakes and when I found these at Forever 21, I had to have them. Precious.
6. I very much enjoy going to Maggiano's right now. I always order their spaghetti with marinara. I am a simple gal, I know. They have the BEST bread. So good!
7. And now we're to what I really wanted to talk about all along. TV! I am so passionate about my shows, it borders on ridiculous. My all time favorite show is Buffy the Vampire Slayer, but that is not what I asked. I asked what your favorite TV shows are RIGHT NOW. Besides, a Buffy post would be dangerously long and boring for anyone who isn't a Buffy fan. Trust me, I'd go on and on and on.
Right now, I'm loving Once Upon A Time. I can't tell you how much I love Snow's character. She's so different from the Snow White I once knew and loved. She is so incredibly strong, yet she still has everything that I love about Snow White. Underneath all of it, she still believes in true love. I really love the modern take on the characters as well. It's such an interesting idea. One of my favorite episodes so far was 7:15 A.M. My favorite episodes tend to revolve around Snow/Mary Margaret's story. And Rumpelstiltskin? Forget about it. He is so wonderfully complex and evil. I always walk away from the show feeling like I've just watched a Disney movie. What could be better than that?
A show I'm watching, but have a love/hate relationship with is Gossip Girl. I am incredibly late on this band wagon, I know. Sometimes the show is great. Pure, fun, uncomplicated television. Other times, it can really be mindless drivel. The acting is not always so great and the plot can sometimes border on boring. Not to mention the absolutely ridiculous situations these characters get themselves into. But, I guess that's what makes TV, well, TV. One of the reasons I continue to watch is the Blair/Chuck relationship. There is something about Chuck that this girl wants to save. And of course I love watching to see what Blair will wear next. Her style never fails to amaze me. Serena on the other hand... can someone please give this girl a hairbrush?! And the fact that time and time again she chooses men over what could be an incredibly bright future is so stupid to me. I want to strangle her most of the time. I truly don't get the infatuation. Her character is silly, selfish, and the way she talks (with her lips constantly pursed) drives me nuts. Yet, I find myself coming back for more. I gotta say I can't wait for this whole Juliet storyline to be over. Who is she? Why does she want to take down Serena? WHO CARES? It bores me to tears. Bring me some old fashioned Blair/Chuck scheming and throw in a little of Dan's pretty face and I'm good to go. Oh, and this show introduced me to Taylor's band The Pretty Reckless, who are pretty badass actually.
My love for Once Upon A Time got me interested in Ginnifer Goodwin, so I decided to check out Big Love. I'd been meaning to watch it for a while anyway. I'm only on episode five, but I'm already hooked!
Lastly, some honorable mentions: Eastbound & Down, Up All Night, The Office (no duh), and The Vampire Diaries continue to be staples.
Talk to you all soon!