Friday, February 12, 2010

Reasons one (not myself of course) might be Team Jacob

So because I am a nerd, during my break at work everyday I try to read a chapter of Eclipse. And I take notes on my favorite parts so that I can rehash my love here for you guys. (Aren't you lucky?)

New Moon made me love Jacob. Really love him. And Eclipse only cemented it. I can almost understand why she might choose him over Edward.

But then I read (on page 352. lol) "You are so beautiful." And I remember why she chooses Edward. The simplicity and truth of his statement blows me away every time.

But, this post is about why I love Jacob. Edward has had much time dedicated to him already. So let's get back to it...

"Until your heart stops beating, Bella...I'll be here-fighting." (page 330)

Oh and when he kisses Bella...swoon. The way he handles her rejection (and the punch) is so cute:
"I hate you Jacob Black."
"Good. Hate is a passionate emotion." (page 332)

What if Bella chose Jake? What were her life have been like? I think she would have been happy. Content. The fire of their love would burn steady and soft. But, with Edward her love will always blaze. (So cheesy.)

"Just think about how it could be, Bella...You wouldn't have to change anything for me. You know Charlie would be happy if you picked me...And I would make you happy, Bella. There's so much I could give you that he can't...I would never, never hurt you, Bella." Melt.

"Jacob, I can't be happy without him." (page 333)

"Just think about it, Bella...You will. Tonight. And I'll be thinking about you while you're thinking about me...You kissed me back"
"That was not kissing back, that was trying to get you the hell off of me, you idiot."
"Touchy. Almost overly defensive, I would say." (page 334)

Oh Jake. I love you.

But then Edward...
"I'm not going to kill you now, because it would upset Bella...But if you ever bring her back damaged again...if you return her to me in less than the perfect condition that I left her in, you will be running with three legs. Do you understand that, mongrel?...And if you ever kiss her again, I will break your jaw for her." (page 340)

Ahh...I can't wait to reread Fire and Ice. Epicness.

Oh and this is what Rob thinks of my toying with the idea of being Team Jacob:

No comments:

Post a Comment