Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Rob rumour control

Yes I spelled rumour with a "u" purposely. I'm British.

There has been a lot of crap going around about our favorite Brit lately. I just wanted to give my piece on two of the things being said:

A) Rob is a bad tipper.
B) Rob is a divo on set.

A) Okay, this one is really personal for me, being that I am server. We all know that Rob is a bit....er....careful with his money. I mean he drove that same BMW forever; he repeats outfits OFTEN; his favorite place to eat is In 'N Out Burger for God's sake. However, in this instance I don't feel that Rob was being cheap. Okay, so maybe he left a bit less than 15%, but I can tell you that as a server I would be completely happy with a $50 tip. Hell, if I waited on Rob I'd be happy just to fucking be in his presence. Fuck a tip. I think it would make my life. But a $50 tip is more than fair. I rarely ever get a 15% tip where I work. And no it is not because I am a suck server. I have been doing it for three years and I know I am good at what I do. But working for as long as I have, I have just come to realize that most people are not good tippers. At least in the particular restaurant that I work in. Making money is all about the volume of tables that you get. I know most of the other servers rarely get a fair percentage either. So, what Rob left was definitely more than fair. And might I point out that other people were dining with him. Even if he paid the check, that doesn't mean other people couldn't have contributed to the tip. People often think that just because someone pays the check, that they alone should be responsible for the tip. Whenever I go out, I make sure to tip even if I don't pay. But maybe that is because I am biased because of what I do. Anywho, another thing that I think deserves mentioning is that Rob's "bad tip" occurred on the heels of Johnny Depp's fantasmical $4000 tip. That was one phenomenal tip and I think the fact that this tip incident happened right afterwards really skews how people see the situation. Johnny Depp is a fantastic guy. I have always known this. And his tip only proves that he doesn't forget where he came from. (His mom was a waitress for years.) Let's face it - that tip is pretty tough to live up to. And let's remember who we're talking about here. We all love Rob, but he is not to Johnny's status...yet. "And that's all I have to say about that."

B) While standing in line the other day I picked up a trashy mag with Rob on the cover and started reading (Hey, I said I wouldn't buy any more rag mags, not that I would stop looking at them!) this crap story about how Rob was a divo on the Remember Me set. The "source" claimed that Rob was rude and he demanded special gourmet coffee. I find it really hard to believe that Rob is rude to anyone. I mean, even after he was attacked by fangirls he still managed to have a smile on his face. He even took a picture with those girls. He has a pretty high tolerance for shit. And as for the gourmet coffee - I think the picture below is evidence enough of how "gourmet" Rob likes his coffee:
Now leave the man alone!
Peace, love, and Dunkin' Donuts!

No comments:

Post a Comment