Friday, August 14, 2009

It was a Twilight kind of day

So, it's not really miraculous that most things remind me of Twilight. It just so happens that at least once a day, I see or hear something that makes me think of my beloved vampire tale. Today, I just so happened to have three "man I'm really obsessed with Twilight" moments.

First, my friend at work tells me "I finally saw that vampire movie you like so much." I tried to play it cool with a "Oh, really? You like it?" Inside I was squeeing all over the place. Then my friend George says "Isn't Twilight a movie only gay people like?" And I laugh it off with a "No. And if that were the case, then I'm a big, fat lesbian." Ha. Gotta love the weirdos I work with.

Secondly, I was at the social security office today. And no, I wasn't there to collect my check. I'm not considered mentally incompetent or physically handicapped...yet. (I'm convinced that somehow this Twilight obsession will eventually have a detrimental effect on my mental or physical health.) I was there to get a new social security card and as I'm waiting for my number to be called, I saw a teenage girl walk up front with her copy of Eclipse. She is about a 1/4 of the way in and I immediately smile. I tried to remember approximately what could be happening 1/4 of the way into Eclipse, but I have no clue. It has been so long since I read it. Bad fangirl, bad.

Thirdly, I am sitting here watching Gilmore Girls as we speak and Rory's dad comes to Stars Hollow in his....wait for it... VOLVO! Gotta love it.

I'm not sick.

Later!

2 comments:

  1. no you are not sick! You are DEVOTED lol. I am the exact same way...I think most of us see Twilight in everything. Its just become a natural part of every day life for us. I'm sure Trekkies and Star Wars people do the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The eyes see what the mind wants to see.

    Ohhh and I can totally relate btw. Volvo's make me smile anytime!

    ReplyDelete