Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Say it isn't so

I know I have been neglecting the blog as of late, and for that I am sorry. But when I saw this, I knew I had to say my piece. We are all worried about how New Moon is going to turn out. We are all invested in the Twi saga and we want the rest of the movies to turn out well. I am one of the few out there who thinks that Twilight (the movie) was well done. I think Catherine did a fantastic job. Of course there are differences. Did anyone expect the movie to be an exact replica of the book? Of course not. That would have been impossible. I think Melissa Rosenberg did a bang-up job of keeping the story as close to the book as possible while still respecting that what she was ultimately writing for was a MOVIE. Anywho, I am straying from my point.

If Rachelle is truly being replaced, this is a bad sign. It is always a warning sign when characters start to be replaced in a series. It is usually the "jump the shark" moment. With so many fans already being nervous about new directors and the transformations from script to screen, it is not a good thing to throw another change into the mix. I know if it can't be helped, it can't be helped. But my question is - didn't Rachelle sign a contract to do all of the saga? I know the other stars did. I am really hoping that this is just a very NASTY rumor going around and that tomorrow I will read "Just kidding." Because this is so not good. I love Rachelle. She is Victoria. It is going to be really hard for me (and I know many others) to accept anyone else as our flame-haired villain. It's not that I dislike Bryce Dallas Howard or anything. It's just not right to replace someone that we have all grown to love. Sigh. Please don't be true.

2 comments: