Friday, May 1, 2009

The Haunted Airman


I was lucky enough to actually find this on YouTube today. I'm not going to post the link but I'm pretty sure if you look for it, you will be able to find it. Do it soon, though before it gets taken down. I (of course) really enjoyed it. It was a quiet sort of film with not a whole lot of action. Most of the motivation is in the performances. If you are watching this soley for Rob, (and I will be the first to admit that this is the only reason I even know about this film) you will not be disappointed, as he is in every scene.

It's the first completely Rob-centric movie I've seen since Twilight. I can officially say that I have seen 3 Rob Pattinson films. Woo-hoo!

For the 3 Rob fans who don't know about this film yet, I will write a bit about it here. Rob plays WWII vet Toby Jugg who, after being paralyzed in the line of duty, is taken to a rehabilitation center. Here, he begins to have flashbacks and nightmares from his trauma. With the help of Nurse Grant, Dr. Burns, and his Aunt Julia, he tries to come to grips with his new situation. And, of course, because he is in a creepy rehab center, some strange things begin to happen to Jugg.

Definitely a thumbs up for Rob fans. Generally, though, a well-done movie.

And my mini-Ebert steps down.

Good day to you, sirs!

P.S. I think I will be speaking with a British accent for the rest of the day. I fear I have watched too much Rob today. (Is that ever possible?)

No comments:

Post a Comment