Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Descent

I just watched this for the second time tonight and I am once again uber impressed. I watched it, for the first time, about 2 years ago and I remember that I absolutely loved it so I rented it on Amazon again tonight. It is so underrated. It is one of those horror movies that has plenty of 'make you jump' moments and there isn't a huge amount of gore. I mean, don't get me wrong, there is blood, but the movie is more about making you jump.

I guess I'll give a little synopsis for ya. A group of thrill-seeking young women go on a caving expedition and end up being stalked by these weird alien-looking creatures (the best description I can think of at the moment, sorry). The first half of the movie is really about them going through the caves and actually keeps you really engaged. This is a movie where you truly don't see what's coming next.


Give this a shot. It's one of the good ones.


Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment