Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Soap and Glory

I was at Target yesterday killing some time and I decided to check out the line of Soap and Glory beauty products. Now, I had seen their stuff before and I have always loved the packaging. It is so adorable. All of their products are pink with women from the 1950s on the packaging. I love how uber-feminine all of their things are. But yesterday I actually took the time to look at everything they had to offer and I have to say... THEIR STUFF SMELLS LIKE CRAP! It all has the smell of a cheap soap, sort of grassy. I was so disappointed. For their stuff to be so pricey, you think they could come up with better scents. All of their products have exactly the same scent - their lotions, body wash, eye cream. I did see a few items that were new and blueberry scented and they all smelled bad too. I, for one, will not be buying this stuff because it just smells so awful.

I must say that I am impressed with the range of brands that Target has to offer that are organic and cruelty-free companies. They have Kiss My Face, Boots, Alba, Burt's Bees, and Yes to Carrots. Most of these brands however have stinky products. I don't know if this is a result of the organic ingredients or what. Yes to Carrots actually had a refreshingly clean scent. Anyway, kudos to Target for realizing that some consumers try to be conscience of animal testing and the environment.

Later!

1 comment:

  1. I think you may have helped us with our next advertising: "We're refreshingly clean. Our competitors...they stink!"

    Ok, that was a joke.

    Seriously, just wanted to tell you how much we appreciate you saying YES to Yes To Carrots.

    We'd love to send you some free samples, just as a way of saying thanks.

    If you don't mind, fill out the form here: http://tinyurl.com/5fqgmn

    And thanks again!

    Jeremy
    carrotattache@yestocarrots.com

    ReplyDelete