Thursday, March 26, 2009

More Twilight (Good God! This girl really is obsessed)

As I'm re-reading Twilight, I can't help but notice the differences between the book and the movie. I'm almost done with it, so I guess it's a little late to be posting these differences, but I may go back and try to list some of the others. I may not. Anyway, here's one that you may find interesting (or not).

So, in the movie Bella meets James at the ballet studio. When she gets there, she hears her mother's voice. We find out that it was all a ruse and the voice is actually a video tape. On the tape we see a young Bella talking about her not so awesome ballet skills. ("Mom, I suck." Or something to that effect.) However, in the book a different scene is played out on the tape:

"There she was, on the TV screen, tousling my hair in relief. It was Thanksgiving, and I was twelve. We'd gone to see my grandmother in California, the last year before she died. We went to the beach one day, and I'd leaned too far over the edge of the pier. She'd seen my feet flailing, tryint to reclaim my balance. "Bella? Bella?" she'd called to me in fear." (page 444)

No comments:

Post a Comment