Sunday, March 8, 2009

Harry Potter

I'm watching Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire right now and there are some things I gotta say.

1. This movie actually caught my attention. It's not that I dislike Harry Potter or anything. When the first movie came out, I was as gung-ho as everyone else even though I have never read any of the books. I really loved the first one. However, it is played so much on abcfamily that I have become immune to it. I can't watch it because it is just on too much. I think I saw the first three in theatres but lost interest after that. I can totally understand the mania behind Harry Potter. I get it. I'm a fanatic of most things supernatural, so I can't really explain why I have never been caught up in the Harry Potter hype. But, for some reason this movie really caught me.

2. This story was kind of dark for the demographic Rowling was trying to reach. I was kind of disturbed by some of the scenes. Like the scene where the Triwizard Tournament contestants have to save their loved ones from the lake. I mean, come on, it is so cruel. Thank God that Harry saved Fleur's little sister. They were gonna just let her die down there? It was completely against these peoples' wills. Secondly, the scene where Voldemort is telling Harry how much he wants to kill him and saying how he has saved Harry's death for himself. It was incredibly sad and creepy. Thirdly, and this should be no shock to anyone, Cedric's death totally sucked.

3. Obviously, this was gonna be in my discussion of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: Rob Pattinson. How much more could I love this man? He was so incredibly great in every scene. *She swoons* Such a frickin' fan. I used to have a crush on Harry Potter. Next to Cedric, Harry don't stand a chance. :) I loved the part where they were in the maze and he insists that he and Harry grab the cup together because Harry helped him. So much integrity! I also loved when Moaning Myrtle was in the bath with Harry and talks about "the handsome one" (meaning Cedric) and how all the bubbles were almost gone from the bath before he figured out the riddle. I never really knew that Rob had such a large part in the movie. Seeing him in this only made me appreciate him more and confirmed that I really do love ROB and not just EDWARD. Only makes me anticipate more his work in Little Ashes and his future projects. It was cool to see him play someone besides the sparkly vampire.

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment