Thursday, February 26, 2009

Big baby

I finally was able to watch the Oscars and I have to ask, am I the only one who cries like a baby when they watch it? Every year I watch the Oscars and every year I end up crying. It's so moving for me to see these people stand up on that stage and thank all of the people who have helped them accomplish their dreams and made them the people that they are. Nothing could mean more to me than having a public venue like that to just thank the people who love me and believe in me and if one day I am able to accomplish that dream - to win an Oscar - there will not be enough words to express the love I have for the people in my life. Watching the Oscars always reminds me that despite whatever is going on in the world, or even in this country, that the human spirit is so beautiful and people can be kind to one another. I love the idea that, no matter your circumstances, your dreams can come true.

P.S. I am so happy that Kate Winslet FINALLY won her Oscar. She is such a phenomenally talented actress with an incredible sense of humility and sense of humor. In a time filled with brainless, shameless examples of womanhood in Hollywood, she is a true role model and someone worth aspiring to.

No comments:

Post a Comment