Saturday, January 31, 2009

Post-Twilight depression

I recently started reading the second book in the Sookie Stackhouse series and I just can't seem to "get into it." I'm trying to give it a sincere try, but all I really feel like doing is starting the Twilight series over. What if the Twilight books have ruined all other types of literature for me? It's frightening. I wonder if maybe I just give into my bizarre need to rehash these stories, that I will be satiated after a second reading and finally be able to enjoy books that I read before this series? I'm really trying to remember the love I had for Sookie, Bill, and Sam before my whole fascination began in November, but I'm afraid that these characters just aren't living up to Bella, Edward, and Jacob. What to do?

That was all very melodramatic, but this should show you how much of my life is consumed by reading. Fiction is my drug.

Anyway, I am so VERY excited! Only 22 days until we leave for New York! I have so many things I want to do and am thrilled that I can check one more thing off of my "Things to do before I die" list.

I'm off to once again lose myself in fiction... Lost is on in fifteen minutes. How I love Sawyer and Jack...and strangely Ben.

No comments:

Post a Comment